Affiliate and Alumni Meetings
Meeting & Event Space Requests during the AAOS Annual Meeting:
Thank you for your interest in holding a meeting/event during the AAOS Annual Meeting. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate on providing a successful experience and appreciate your valued participation.
To allow for a smooth request and planning process for meetings/events taking place during the AAOS Annual Meeting, the following guidelines have been established:
- Breakfast meetings are to end by 8:00 AM on Tuesday – Friday
- Luncheons are to be held between 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM on Tuesday – Friday
- Receptions are to begin after 5:00 PM on Tuesday – Friday
- No meetings/events are to be scheduled on Thursday from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM due to Academy events
- Meetings/events with less than 20 people may be requested over AAOS educational sessions
- Official Annual Meeting Exhibitors may hold staff-only meetings during AAOS educational sessions on non-Expo days
- Groups may not charge registration fees or sell tickets to their meetings/events, unless otherwise noted below:
- Specialty Societies may charge registration fees or sell tickets for their specialty society educational programming on anchoring days (Specialty Day).
- Affiliated groups, such as AOA and OREF may charge, with approval, registration fees or sell tickets for their meetings/events.
- Exhibitors may charge, with approval, registration fees or sell tickets for their meetings/events.
- If your meeting/event is taking place at an alternate location (not at the convention center), the food & beverage minimum and/or room rental fee set forth by that establishment will apply.
- For meeting/event space assigned at the convention center, an acknowledgement of the fee guidelines below will be requested:
- A required food & beverage minimum or room rental fee for meetings/events taking place at the convention center will apply as follows:
Length of Meeting/Event F&B Minimum/Room Rental Fee
Less than 2 hours: $300
2-5 hours: $600
5-8 hours: $900
8+ hours: $1,200
- Meeting/event space cancellations after January 24, 2023, will be subject to a $300 cancellation fee if AAOS is unable to reassign that space.
- Any solicitation or industry sponsorship is prohibited.
- Groups may not title meetings/events as "Annual Meeting or Educational Conferences, Seminars, or Workshops.”
- Offering CME credit, apart from specialty society educational programming (Specialty Day) and official exhibitor educational events, is prohibited.
- AAOS does not provide CME accreditation for exhibitor educational events. Exhibitors wishing to provide credit for their education event will need to obtain credit from other accredited CME providers.
- Due to limited available space, AAOS cannot guarantee space at the convention center for staff offices or all-day room requests.
- If a vendor is required for your event, an official AAOS Vendor Partner must be used.
- Signage is allowed at the room entrance only. Overall sign dimensions are not to exceed 28"x44".